NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – Coming off a 3-1 victory against Southern New Hampshire Saturday afternoon at Hammel Court, the Merrimack College women's volleyball team heads north to face the Franklin Pierce Ravens in a Northeast-10 clash Tuesday night.
Date/Time: Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2013 | 7 p.m.
Records: Merrimack (8-10, 3-2) | Franklin Pierce (6-6, 1-4)
Location: Fieldhouse | Rindge, N.H.
Last Time Out
Merrimack pulled ahead early in the first set, but the Penmen managed to claw back to tie the game at 20-all. After a 4-0 run by the Warriors, Merrimack took the first set, 25-21. In the second set, both teams managed to tie six different times. SNHU went on a 7-0 run to secure the second set, 25-20.
SNHU took an early, 5-1 lead before Merrimack came back to tie the set at 10-all. After a service error by the Penmen, the Warriors went on a 6-0 run and took the third set, 25-16.
Merrimack was able to take an early 9-4 lead over the Penmen after going on a 4-0 run. The Penmen went on a 3-0 run that brought them with three points of the Warriors. Merrimack outside hitter Jocelyn McLain (Fort Collins, Colo.) ended final set and match for the Warriors, 25-21.
Rookie Tara Stuhr (Huntington Beach, Calif.) recorded 47 assists, while Madison Burke(San Jose, Calif.) led all student-athletes with 30 digs in the match. Senior Jackie Jones(Amherst, N.H.) had 13 kills and Jennifer Cain (Melrose, Mass.) had seven kills and 11 digs.
Last Season against the Ravens
- Merrimack lost, 3-1, to Franklin Pierce
- Game Scores: 25-21, 25-17, 25-20, 25-20
- Corrine Gosselin (Lawrence, Mass.) who recorded a career-high 14 kills and two blocks in the loss.
- Madison Burke (San Jose, Calif.) and Allison Cote (Chelmsford, Mass.), who recorded 26 and 20 digs respectively.
- As a team, Merrimack finished with a .174 hitting percentage, while Franklin Peirce finished with a .166 percentage.
- Stephanie Sheehan (Smithtown, N.Y.) still leads the Northeast-10 averaging 4.14 kills per set (261 total).
- With the win over Southern New Hampshire, the Warriors are tied in seventh with the Penmen.
- As a team, Merrimack averages 12.05 kills per frame and 16.10 digs per set.
- Stuhr also leads the Northeast-10 averaging 10.17 assists per frame.
- Coming off a 3-2 win against Stonehill on Friday night.
- Natasha Ray leads the Ravens with 122 kills and averaged 2.71 digs per set.
- As a team, Franklin Pierce currently sits in 11th in the Northeast-10, right behind Saint Michael's College.
- Libero Lauren Miller ranks fourth in the Northeast-10 averaging 4.91 digs per set.