Women's Volleyball Takes on Southern New Hampshire Saturday Afternoon
Links: Live Stats
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – The Merrimack College women's volleyball team look to end its three game losing streak, when they play host to the Penmen of Southern New Hampshire on Saturday at Hammel Court for a Northeast-10 Conference match-up.
Date/Time: Saturday, Oct. 19, 2013 | 1 p.m.
Records: Merrimack (7-10, 2-2) | Southern New Hampshire (8-6, 3-1)
Location: Hammel Court | North Andover, Mass.
Last Time Out
It was an offensive battle between Merrimack and Bentley, but Bentley managed to come from behind and take match, 3-2.
Merrimack opened the first set with a 3-0 run before Bentley rallied back to tie the game at 10-all. Bentley slowly started to to gain the lead at 16-14 until Merrimack went on a 6-0 run to secure the first set, 25-20. With momemntum on Merrimack's side, the Warriors took an early, 6-0, lead over Bentley and never led up. Merrimack secured the second set, 25-20.
In the third frame, Bentley took a 12-9 lead before Merrimack came back to tie the frame 13-all. Bentley went on a 5-0 run to bring the score to 19-14. Bentley took the third set, 25-21. It was an offensive battle between Merrimack and Bentley, unfortunately Merrimack could not stop the Falcons from taking the set, 26-24.
With the final match tied at 12-all, Bentley ended the match, 15-12, off a 3-0 run.
Rookie Jocelyn McLain (Fort Collins, Colo.) recorded a career-high 13 kills and a .214 hitting percentage and Merrimack setter Tara Stuhr (Huntington, Beach, Calif.) posted a career-high 54 assists. Junior outside hitter, Stephanie Sheehan (Smithtown, N.Y.) led the offense with 24 kills and eight blocks.
This season against the Penmen
- Merrimack won, 3-2: 25-15, 25-18, 25-22, 25-13, 15-11
- Sheehan collected her third double-double of the season with 18 kills and 21 digs, while Cain recorded her first double-double of the season with 10 kills and 10 digs.
- As a team, Merrimack finished with a .192 hitting percentage.
- SNHU held a slim 9-4 advantage in service aces, while the Warriors collected 106 digs.
- Currently the Warriors are ranked ninth in the Northeast-10, while Southern New Hampshire sits fourth in the league standings.
- Sheehan is ranked 17th in the nation averaging 4.02 kills per set and 4.55 points per set.
- Stuhr leads the team with 594 assists and averages 10 assists per frame.
- After the, 3-2, loss to Bentley, Merrimack has lost its third straight game.
- Coming off its first conference loss to Stonehill, 3-0, on Tuesday.
- Victoria Wehrmann averages 4.41 kills per set, while Nina McGouldrick leads the team with 156 kills.
- Compared to its opponents, SNHU averages 0.96 blocks per set, while their opponent averages 2.01 blocks per frame.
- SNHU ranks 32nd in the nation with 1.93 aces per set.