NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – Back on its home court, the Merrimack College women's volleyball team will play host to the Bentley University Falcons Tuesday night at Hammel Court. The match is scheduled for 7 p.m.
Date/Time: Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2013 | 7 p.m.
Records: Merrimack (7-7, 2-0) | Bentley (10-6, 4-0)
Location: Hammel Court | North Andover, Mass.
Last Time Out
The Warriors ended their five game win streak, falling to the University of New Haven and No. 8 Nebraska-Kearney, 3-0, respectively.
Merrimack trailed New Haven, 14-10, before the Chargers went on a 7-0 run to secure and set, 25-15. Merrimack was unable to stop the Chargers' offense from taking the set, 25-22. In the final set, Merrimack was able to tie the Chargers at 16-all, but lost the final set and match, 25-19.
The Warriors battled in the first set, tying Neb. Kearney 14-all, but Merrimack was unable to secure the lead. Nebraska-Kearney took the first set, 25-17. Both teams traded points but Nebraska-Kearney took the second set, 25-14. Nebraska-Kearney took the final set, 25-9.
Junior outside hitter Stephanie Sheehan (Smithtown, N.Y.) tallied a total of 22 kills, and 19 digs. Rookie Tara Stuhr (Huntington Beach, Calif.) assisted 49 of the 59 kills for Merrimack, while posting 10 digs. Libero Madison Burke (San Jose, Calif.) picked up 23 digs on the afternoon, while freshman Jennifer Cain (Melrose, Mass.) picked averaged 2.83 digs per frame. Defensive specialist Taciane Santos (Everett, Mass.) contributed four of the eight blocks for the Warriors.
This season against Bentley
- Lost 3-2: 25-13, 25-23, 25-21, 26-24, 15-4
- Sheehan registered a double-double with 28 kills and 13 digs
- Stuhr recorded her second double-double with 48 assists and 12 digs.
- Merrimack boasted a match-high 56 kills.
- Two Bentley players recorded a double-double in kills and digs.
- The Warriors ranks fifth in the Northeast-10 averaging 12.90 kills per set, while Sheehan averages 4.02 kills per set.
- The Navy and Gold's offense holds a 11.96-11.52 advantage over its opponents in kills per set.
- Sheehan leads the team with five double-doubles on the season, while Stuhr and Cain has four and two double-doubles, respectively.
- Sheehan is the first player in program history to be named the Sports Imports/AVCA Division II National Player of the Week.
- Six-foot junior middle Savannah Domiguez, ranks fifth in the Northeast-10 with 2.97, while leads the Falcons averaging 2.97 kills per frame.
- Sophomore Jaci Buscher also contributes 2.27 kills per set and averages .154 hitting percentage.
- Junior libero Lauren Colasanti at a team-best 4.65 digs per set.
- As a team, the Falcons rank second in the Northeast-10 with a .248 hitting percentage.