WARRIORS LOOK TO CONTINUE ITS FOUR-GAME WINNING STREAK
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – The Merrimack College women's volleyball team looks to improve their winning streak to four when they travel to Manchester, N.H., to face Saint Anselm College for a Northeast-10 Conference battle on Tuesday.
Date/Time: Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2013 | 7:30 p.m.
Records: Merrimack (6-7, 1-0) | Saint Anselm (4-9, 0-3)
Location: Stoutenburgh Gym| Manchester, N.H.
Last Time Out
In the first stanza, the Owls took an early 7-6 lead but after a kill from junior Corrine Gosselin (Lawrence, Mass.), the Navy and Gold took set one, 25-17. Merrimack took an early 10-8 lead over the Owls and securing the second set, 25-16. The Warriors opened the third set 18-10 before taking the final set and match, 25-19.
To help lead the Warriors to its first Northeast-10 Conference victory this season, Stephanie Sheehan (Smithtown, N.Y) recorded 19 kills and Gosselin contributed 11 of the 52 kills for Merrimack. Rookie Tara Stuhr (Huntington Beach, Calif.) recorded 47 assists while sophomore Madison Burke (San Jose, Calif.) collected 13 digs. Sheehan, Stuhr, and Gosselin each collected three blocks on the afternoon
This Season against the Hawks
- Won 3-1 against the Hawks (25-19, 25-20, 25-21, 25-20)
- Sheehan and Stuhr finished the night with a double-double a piece.
- Freshman Jennifer Cain (Melrose, Mass.) contributed 13 of the 47 kills for Merrimack
- Merrimack recorded a .192 hitting percentage, while Saint Anselm recorded a .110 hitting percentage
- Saint Anselm held a 4-3 advantage over Merrimack in service aces.
- The Warriors rank first in the Northeast-10 averaging 12.39 kills per set, while Sheehan averages 4.11 kills.
- The Navy and Gold's offense holds a 12.39-11.39 advantage over its opponents in kills per set.
- This season, Merrimack has defeated four opponents by a score of 3-0.
- As a team, Merrimack ranks first in the NE-10 averaging 11.82 kills per set, while Stuhr averages 10.32 assists.
- Kyla Gustavson leads the Hawks with 89 kills.
- As a team, Saint Anselm ranks ninth in the Northeas-10 with 118 kills.
- The Hawks average 11.45 kills per set and 10.55 assists per set.
- Finished last week, 0-2, fallling to Southern New Hampshire and American Int'l, 3-1.