Women's Volleyball Challenges Assumption Tuesday Night on MerrimackAthletics.TV
MERRIMACK HOSTS ASSUMPTION FOR FOURTH HOME MATCH OF THE SEASON
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – The Merrimack College women's volleyball team is coming off a thrilling, 3-2, victory over Southern New Hampshire last Tuesday night. The Warriors look for their fifth win of the season when it play host to the Greyhounds of Assumption College on Tuesday, Oct. 1 at Hammel Court. First match is scheduled for 7 p.m.
Date/Time: Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2013 | 7 p.m.
Records: Merrimack (4-7) | Assumption (3-8, 0-3)
Location: Hammel Court | North Andover, Mass.
Last Time Out
Merrimack took the first set, 25-15 after a kill by Corrine Gosselin (Lawrence, Mass.) that shifted the Warriors momentum into a 10-0 run. The Navy and Gold dropped the second set to the Penmen, 25-18, but would not be denied a victory.
Merrimack took an early 4-0 run to open the third set and managed to take set the frame, 25-22. The Penmen quickly took the fourth frame, 25-13. The Navy and Gold's offense never led up and took the final set, 15-11.
Freshman Jennifer Cain (Melrose, Mass.) recorded her first double-double of the season with 10 kills and 10 digs. Junior Stephanie Sheehan (Smithtown, N.Y.) collected her third double-double of the season with 18 kills and 21 digs, while Cain
Last Season against the Greyhounds
- The Warriors challenged the Greyhounds three times last season, defeating Assumption, 3-2, each time reaspectively.
- For match one, Merrimack posted a .127 hitting percentage, while collecting 17 blocks and 75 digs. Sheehan finished with a match-high 21 kills and 14 digs, good for her second straight double-double.
- For match two, Assumption posted a .156 hitting percentage, while Merrimack recorded a .205 kill percentage. Sheehan and Brianna Trabucco collected a double-double each.
- For the third match, Brianna Trabucco (Canton, Mass.) recorded a career-high 50 assists, nine digs and three kills in the senior day victory. Sheehan finished with a team-high 17 kills and 11 digs and Gosselin finished with a career-high 15 kills.
- Sheehan leads the team and the Northeast-10 Conference with 150 kills (3.95 kills per set.)
- In the Northeast-10, Merrimack ranks fifth in assists per set with 11.16.
- Madison Burke (San Jose, Calif.) leads the team with 209 digs.
- Merrimack holds a 604-540 advantage over digs.
- Tara Stuhr (Huntington Beach, Calif.) recorded her fourth double-double of the season against Post.
- The Greyhounds recently fell to New Haven, 3-0.
- Assumption is ranked fifth in the Northeast-10 with 417 kills.
- Ann Donahue and Mary Johnston lead the team with 79 kills each, while Donahue has a .193 hitting percentage.
- SNHU has a team kill percentage .121.