COMING OFF A 3-0 LOSS ON SATURDAY, WARRIORS LOOK FOR FOURTH WIN OF SEASON
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – The Merrimack College women's volleyball team are coming off a tough, 3-0, loss to Dowling College last Saturday afternoon. The Warriors are on the road this week, when they travel to Manchester, N.H. to face the Penmen from Southern New Hampshire. The match is scheduled for approximately 7 p.m.
Date/Time: Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2013 | 7 p.m.
Records: Merrimack (3-7) | Southern New Hampshire (5-3)
Location: SNHU Fieldhouse | Manchester, N.H.
Last Time Out
Dowling took the first frame, 25-22. The Warriors battled back in the second set, but were unable to stop Golden Lions from taking the set, 25-23. Merrimack found themselves at 24-21 deficit before tying the game at 24-all. The Warriors were unable to finish and Dowling took set three, 26-24.
Merrimack's offense was led by freshman Tara Stuhr (Huntington Beach, Calif.) as she dished out a team-high 39 assists, while junior Stephanie Sheehan (Smithtown, N.Y.) contributed 16 kills and seven digs. Senior Jackie Jones (Amherst, N.H.) and freshman Jennifer Cain (Melrose, Mass.) registered eight kills respectively. Junior Aliya Winker (Arlington, Va.) contributed three blocks on the afternoon.
Last Season against the Penmen
- Lost 3-1: 25-19, 25-19, 25-16, 25-21
- Sheehan racked up her team-high third double-double of the young season with 20 kills and 14 digs in the defeat
- Brianna Trabucco picked up her second double-double as she racked up a game-high 41 assists and 10 digs.
- Jones racked up 10 kills, seven blocks and six digs
- SNHU had a team hitting percentage of .156 and collected 10 blocks.
- Overall record of 3-7
- Stephanie Sheehan leads the team and the Northeast-10 with 132 kills.
- The team is ranked eighth in kill percentage with .171 and assist with 368
- Tara Stuhr leads the team with 316 assists (9.58 a/set)
- The Warriors carry a 2-6 record in 3-set matches.
- The Hawks are now 5-3, defeating Post (3-0) and falling to Dowling (3-1)
- Victoria Wehrmann leads the team with 87 kills (4.419 k/set)
- Catherine Cotton leads the team with 297 assists (9.90 a/set)
- SNHU has a team kill percentage .193.