WARRIORS LOOK FOR ITS FIRST WIN OF THE SEASON AGAINST THE FALCONS
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – After dropping four games to some of the top teams in the East Region, the Merrimack College women's volleyball team looks for their first win of the season when they travel to Waltham, Mass. to face Northeast-10 opponent Bentley on Wednesday. The match is set for 7 p.m.
Date/Time: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 | 7 p.m.
Records: Merrimack (0-4) |Bentley (2-1)
Location: Charles A. Dana Athletic Center | Watertown, Mass.
Last Time Out
In the first set, Minnesota-Crookston took control on offense defeating the Warriors 25-13. To start the second set, the Warriors opened up with a 4-0 run against the Golden Eagles. Minn.-Crookston answered back prevailing Merrimack 25-22 to end set two. The Golden Eagles took control in the third, but Merrimack was able to keep their offense alive tying the set at 14-14 and 17-17. The Warriors took a strong lead but Minn. Crookston's offense was able to come back and tie the set 24-24. Minnesota-Crookston offense quickly picked up the two points to defeat Merrimack 26-24 in set three.
During this tournament, freshman setter Tara Stuhr (Huntington Beach, Calif.) recorded her first double-double of her career with 22 assists and 22 digs against St. Edwards. Outside hitter Stephanie Sheehan (Smithtown, N.Y.) collected a season-high 10 kills against Adams St. Libero Madison Burke (San Jose, Calif.) posted a season high-18 digs against Minnesota-Crookston.
Last Season against Bentley
- The Warriors defeated Bentley 3-1 (25-21,25-20, 16-25, 25-22)
- Former starter Shaunda Forcier recorded a double-double with 13 kills and 11 digs. Also, starter Stephanie Sheehan tallied a double-double with 17 kills and 10 digs.
- Both Merrimack and Bentley had a .184 kill percentage
- Merrimack held an advantage over Bentley with 46 assists and 57 digs.
- Overall record of 0-4.
- Stephanie Sheehan leads the team with 35 kills.
- The team averages 9.83 kills and 9.33 assists per game.
- Madison Burke ranks fourth in the Northeast-10 in digs.
- Falcons are now 2-1(.667), its only loss is to Nyack.
- Freshman Lauren Van Buren leads the team with 35 kills (2.69 kills per set)
- Junior Alex Tator leads the team with 107 assists (8.56 assists per set)