WARRIORS FACE SKYHAWKS IN NE-10 CONFERENCE BATTLE WEDNESDAY EVENING
Links: Live Stats
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – The Merrimack College women's lacrosse team travels to Easton, Mass. to take on No. 13 Stonehill College in a Northeast-10 Conference clash Wednesday evening at W.B. Mason Stadium. Opening draw is scheduled for 7 p.m.
Date/Time: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 | 7 p.m.
Records: Merrimack (2-11, 1-8 NE-10) | No. 13 Stonehill (8-5, 7-2 NE-10)
Location: W.B. Mason Stadium | Easton, Mass.
Last Time Out
New Haven opened the first half on a 7-0 scoring run until sophomore Olivia Coakley (Bridgewater, Mass.) tallied the Warriors first goal of game after a short pass from freshman Megan Fero (East Manlius, N.Y.). From that point on, New Haven closed the half on a 5-0 scoring run to bring the Chargers ahead, 12-1, heading into halftime.
The Chargers continued to dominate in the second half, as the visitors recorded a 6-0 scoring run to take a commanding 18-1 lead. With 5:59 left to play in regulation, Merrimack tallied its second goal of the game on an unassisted goal from freshman Meghan Wiseman (Arlington, Mass.).
Just 56 seconds later, sophomore Shealyn Anthony (Stoneham, Mass.) sliced the deficit to 15 (18-3) after she ripped the ball right past Charger goalkeeper Sharon Strain. With the clock winding down, Merrimack was unable to rally back and fell to the Chargers, 19-3.
Last Season against Stonehill
- Stonehill defeated Merrimack, 18-10, at home at Martone-Mejail Field.
- Jenn Pino led the Warriors offensively with three goals while Tyler Syzmanski posted a team-high two assists.
- Inna Hedden (Woodbine, Md.) recorded 15 saves in the loss.
- The Skyhawks held a 27-26 edge in ground balls as well as a 17-13 advantage in draw controls.
- Merrimack was 3-of-7 in free position attempts and 10-of-18 in clear attempts.
- On the road, the Warriors average 5.80 goals per game while their opponent averages 9.60 goals against average.
- Sophomore Aubrie Stouffer (Souderton, Pa.) leads the team with 28 points and is 5-of-11 in free position attempts.
- The Warriors lead the league averaging 16.9 shots per game.
- Defensively, Merrimack has caused 62 turnovers as well as posts a 12.25 goals-against average.
- On the season, the Navy and Gold have tallied 81 goals and 35 assists.
Scouting the Stonehill College Skyhawks:
- The Skyhawks are coming off an 11-9 loss to No. 1 LIU Post on Saturday, April 12.
- Stonehill goalkeeper Ashley Armstrong has collected 109 saves this season as well as recording a 48.0 save percentage and a 9.03 goals-against average.
- Senior Kelsey Shannahan leads the team with 38 points (31g and 7a) while Brooke Rudden has registered 35 points (14g and 21a).
- As a team, Stonehill has tallied 244 ground balls and caused 93 turnovers.
- Offensively, the Skyhawks average 11.31 goals a game and are 155-of-203 in clear attempts.