Women’s Lacrosse Travels to Saint Michael’s Wednesday
WARRIORS SEEK IMPORTANT NE-10 VICTORY WEDNESDAY EVENING IN COLCHESTER, VT.
Links: Live Stats
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – Aiming for its second Northeast-10 Conference victory of the season, the Merrimack College women's lacrosse team travels to Colchester, Vt. to battle Saint Michael's in a NE-10 conference showdown Wednesday evening. Opening draw is scheduled for 4 p.m.
Date/Time: Wednesday, Apr. 2, 2014 | 4 p.m.
Records: Merrimack (2-7, 1-5 NE-10) | Saint Michael's (4-2, 2-2)
Location: Duffy Field | Colchester, Vt.
Last Time Out
Last Saturday, the Warriors fell to Saint Anselm College, 15-6, in Northeast-10 Conference action at Martone-Mejail Field.
Over the first 25 minutes of action, both teams went through two ties and two lead changes until Saint Anselm took a 6-2 lead heading into halftime.
Sophomore Aubrie Stouffer (Souderton, Pa.) found junior Kelly Metzger (Trumbull, Conn.) 1:27 into the second half to pull the Warriors within three, but Saint Anselm's Marissa Daly answered back with her third goal of the game. However, Merrimack responded quickly a 2-1 scoring run to bring the score to 9-5 with 19:31 remaining.
Nearly six minutes later, the Hawks put it away with a 6-0 run to make it 15-5 with 1:42 to go. Merrimack tacked on one more with five seconds left to close the scoring.
For the full recap from Saturday, please click here!
Last Season vs. Purple Knights
- Last year, Merrimack defeated Saint Michael's at home, 15-2.
- Merrimack scored three times in a 54-second span during the opening 2:56 of the game to take control, eventually holding an 8-0 lead at halftime.
- Goalkeeper Inna Hedden (Woodbine, Md.) recorded nine saves.
- Jenn Pino recorded four goals, two assists and seven draw controls for Merrimack.
- The Warriors outshot the Purple Knights, 30-17, as well as won the draw control battle, 12-7.
- Hedden continues to lead the league in saves with 96 while posting a 46.4 save percentage and 12.44 goals-against average.
- Offensively, Merrimack has recorded 167 turnovers this season while winning 133 draw controls.
- The Warriors average 16.6 shots and 6.54 goals per game.
- Junior Olivia Coakley (Bridgewater, Mass.) leads the team in ground balls with 21.
- Merrimack ranks seventh in the conference in free position goals-shots with 14-of-39.
Scouting the Saint Michael's Purple Knights:
- Saint Michael's is currently on a two game losing streak, as the team fell to Bentley and Assumption by one point, respectively.
- Goalkeeper Casey Curtin ranks third in the conference with a 50.6 save percentage and totaled 42 goals against.
- On the season, the Purple Knights have score 71 total goals and average 11.83 a game.
- Senior Crystal King leads the team with 21 points including nine goals and 12 assists.
- As a team, Saint Michael's has caused 62 turnovers while tallying 113 offensive turnovers.