WARRIORS LOOK TO SNAP FOUR-GAME LOSING STREAK AND RETURN TO WINNING WAYS
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – Losing four of its last five games, the Merrimack College women's lacrosse team travels to Rindge N.H. to take on Northeast-10 rival Franklin Pierce in a NE-10 conference tilt Wednesday afternoon.
Date/Time: Wednesday, Mar. 19, 2014 | 3 p.m.
Records: Merrimack (1-4, 0-2 NE-10) | Franklin Pierce (1-2, 0-1)
Location: Sodexo Field | Rindge, N.H.
Last Time Out
Merrimack dropped a tough 21-3 decision to No. 2 Adelphi University on Saturday afternoon at Martone-Mejail Field.
The Panthers took an early 2-0 lead until a goal from sophomore Michela Salvucci (Newton, Mass.) put the Warriors within one (2-1) with 20:49 remaining in the first. However, Adelphi went on a 12-0 scoring run to take a 14-1 lead into halftime.
Adelphi opened the second half on a 7-0 scoring run to take a commanding 21-1 lead with 8:53 left to play in regulation. Shortly after, Merrimack pulled senior goalkeeper Inna Hedden (Woodbine, Md.) to gain an extra player.
For the full recap from Saturday, please click here!
Last Season vs. Ravens
- Merrimack defeated Franklin Pierce, 20-11, on Senior Night.
- The Warriors were led offensively by sophomore Mia Rapolla (Gorham, ME) who finished the game with a season-high five goals and one assist while Tyler Szymanski (Framingham, Mass.) finished with three goals and two assists.
- For the game, Merrimack outshot the Ravens 40-33 while they were nearly perfect on their clearing attempts going 17-for-18 in their chances.
- The Warriors held the slim 17-16 advantage in draw controls while they were successful on 3-of-8 free position attempts.
- Sam Kiesel (Lakeville, Mass.) finished off her Merrimack career with the victory between the pipes for the Warriors as she made a season-high 17 saves.
- For the third-straight week in a row, Hedden leads the NE-10 in saves with 57 while also ranking seventh in the league with a 46.0 save percentage.
- On the road, the Warriors average 6.00 goals a game and post a 70.0 shot on goal percentage.
- Merrimack has caused 26 turnovers while scooping up 74 ground balls.
- The Navy and Gold are 5-of-21 on free position goal-shots and 50-for-72 on clear attempts.
Scouting the Franklin Pierce Ravens:
- The Ravens have lost its last two games against Keene State and the University of New Haven.
- Junior Madeline Shopshire leads the Ravens with 12 points (11g and 1a).
- Goalkeeper Julia Coakley has a 16.17 goals-against average and a 39.5 save percentage.
- Franklin Pierce is fourth in the league in clears, 32-for-47, as well as averaging 20.0 shots per game.