Women’s Lacrosse Set for Road Test at Shippensburg Sunday Afternoon
WARRIORS EYE REBOUND WIN AFTER FALLING TO GRAND VALLEY STATE THURSDAY EVENING
Links: Live Stats
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – Looking to bounce back from a tough loss at home against Grand Valley State Thursday evening, the Merrimack College women's lacrosse team hits the road to square off against Shippensburg Sunday afternoon at the Robb Sports Complex.
Date/Time: Sunday, Mar. 9, 2014 | 12 p.m.
Records: Merrimack (1-1, 0-0 NE-10) | Shippensburg (1-0, 0-0 PSAC)
Location: Robb Sports Complex | Shippensburg, Pa.
Last Time Out
Grand Valley State held the Warriors to only one goal in the first half as sophomore Aubrie Stouffer (Souderton, Pa.) found the back of the net at the 12:52 mark. Merrimack watched as Grand Valley State scored three unanswered goals to bring the score to 5-1 heading into halftime.
After a Stouffer unanswered goal, the Warriors were able to cut the Lakers lead to within four (6-2) with 23:43 left to play in the second. However, Grand Valley State continued to dominate on offense taking a 8-2 lead.
Merrimack junior Kelly Metzger (Trumbull, Conn.) was able to put one past the Lakers goalkeeper to get the hosts to within five (8-3). The Lakers tacked on five more goals in the later part of the second half to make it a 13-3 final.
For the full recap from Thursday, please click here!
- Stouffer currently leads the Northeast-10 and the Warriors in assists and points with six and 11, respectively.
- Goalkeeper Inna Hedden (Woodbine, Md.) also leads the NE-10 in saves with 27 while posting a 49.1 save percentage.
- As a team, the Warriors have a 38.8 shooting percentage while posting an 18.2 free position percentage.
- The Warriors have caused 14 turnovers as well as picked up 42 ground balls thus far.
Scouting Out the Shippensburg Raiders
- The Shippensburg University lacrosse team was picked to finish 10th in the PSAC Preseason Coaches' Poll.
- The Raiders are coming off a 5-12 season with a 3-8 conference mark in 2013, while posting its first win of the season against Shepard.
- Shippensburg returns a core group of 14 players from last season, including a talented and veteran eight-member senior class.
- Amanda Krok currently leads the Raiders in points with five (2g and 3a).