#9 Men’s Lacrosse Rolls to 15-8 Win over Franklin Pierce

RINDGE, NH – Behind eight unanswered goals in the second and third quarter, the ninth-ranked Merrimack men's lacrosse team ran away from Franklin Pierce, prevailing with the 15-8 victory Tuesday afternoon.

With the game tied at six and with Merrimack in the midst of a three-minute man-advantage for an illegal equipment infraction, Terence Barclay (Babylon, NY) notched his 20th of the season with 2:35 left in the second.  Corey Lunney (Little Silver, NJ) and Nick Vazquez (Haverhill, MA) followed with scores, giving the visitors three goals in a 2:20 span to close the half with a 9-6 lead.

The Warriors rattled off five more to open the second half, two from Barclay to put the game away.

Merrimack started fast, taking leads of 3-0 and 5-2 before the Ravens fired back to tie the game at five behind two goals and an assist from Eric Harries. Franklin Pierce was also a beneficiary of a three-minute Merrimack penalty just 5:18 into the game for illegal equipment and took advantage with two man-advantage tallies.

"To get 15 goals is obviously a nice output," said head coach Mike Morgan. "I thought some of our long stick middies, who are very young, had strong days. We shot the ball real well and won the ground balls battle. We're looking forward to a big one against Adelphi Saturday."

Barclay and Vazquez netted three goals each in the win, while Lunney had two goals and four assists. Mike Perdie (Wading River, NY) had a goal and two assists to go with a game-high 12 shots, while Michael Balbuena (Falmouth, MA) and Brad McAdam (Neshanic Station, NJ) each scored twice.

Connor Reagan (East Lyme, CT) made nine saves in net, including five in the fourth when Franklin Pierce outshot Merrimack 7-5. But the Warriors held a 50-26 shot advantage in the game, leading 45-19 through three periods.

Harries led the Ravens with three goals, five points, and six faceoff wins.

Merrimack (7-2, 4-1 NE-10) continues its road trip at Adelphi Saturday at 2 p.m.