Dennehy Announces 2014-15 Men's Ice Hockey Slate; Tickets On Sale August 20
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – Featuring appearances in two marquee midseason tournaments and matchups against two Frozen Four participants from a year ago, 10th-year head coach Mark Dennehy is pleased to announce the Merrimack College men's ice hockey team's 2014-15 schedule.
Highlighted by 16 home games, the Warriors' 34-game slate features 22 Hockey East contests (11 home, 11 road) with the additional of the University of Connecticut to the men's side next winter; 12 non-conference matchups; seven teams who competed in the 2014 NCAA Tournament; and two in-season tournaments, including one hosted by the University of Minnesota to kick off the New Year.
"This year's schedule is one of our best ever," Dennehy stated. "We are hosting some championship-caliber opponents and are playing in a pair of nationally renown tournaments. As tough as our schedule is, we feel our non-league opponents will have us prepared for our league playoffs and beyond."
All home game start times are tentatively set for 7 p.m., pending the announcement of television game times later this summer and with the exception of the season-opening exhibition against St. Francis Xavier (3 p.m.) and two Thanksgiving Weekend contests against Clarkson (4 p.m.).
2014-15 Men's Ice Hockey Ticket Timeline
- June 25: New Season Tickets On Sale
- July 16: Group Tickets, Suites On Sale
- August 6: 2014-15 Promotional Schedule Released
- August 13: Mini Plans On Sale
- August 20: Single-Game Tickets On Sale
The Merrimack Athletics Box Office is now taking requests for 2014-15 season tickets, including Blue Line Club memberships, reserved seating and young alumni plans. If interested, please fill out the following request form.
For more information on Blue Line Club, reserved seating season ticket and young alumni season ticket plans, please click here.
Please contact Patrick Spiegel or call the Box Office at 978-837-5324.
- After an exhibition against St. Francis Xavier, the 59th season of Warrior Hockey begins with a road trip out to Worcester, Mass., where they will meet Holy Cross before returning home for the 2014-15 home opener on Saturday, Oct. 11.
- Merrimack will host first-year Hockey East member Connecticut on Saturday, Oct. 18, as part of Homecoming Weekend, marking UConn's first-ever Hockey East contest
- The Warriors' first in-season tournaments falls the weekend of Oct. 31-Nov. 2; Merrimack will travel to Newark, N.J., to participate in the Liberty Invitational hosted by the New Jersey Devils' Prudential Center against UConn in the opening round and either Princeton or Yale two days later
- Merrimack will welcome Notre Dame to campus for the first time since the 1991-92 season this fall; the Fighting Irish, in their second year as members of Hockey East, return to North Andover Nov. 14-15 for a two-game weekend series
- The Warriors will host Clarkson for a pair of 4 p.m. contests on Thanksgiving Weekend on Friday and Saturday (Nov. 28-29) afternoon
- The Navy and Gold head out to the Gopher State to participate in the Mariucci Classic, an annual tournament hosted by the University of Minnesota, on Jan. 2-3, 2015; Merrimack will face two of either Minnesota, UMass Lowell or RIT over that span
- The Warriors will round out non-conference action with a home-and-home weekend series against 2014 NCAA Tournament participant Quinnipiac on Jan. 16-17
- The 2015 Hockey East Men's Tournament will expand to include all 12 teams and will feature two best-of-three series (Opening Round, Quarterfinals) at campus sites, with the Semifinals and Final hosted by the TD Garden in Boston