The Merrimack College Department of Athletics is a member of the NCAA Division I and II, and any job postings within the department can be found on this page.
Please visit Merrimack's employment web site for all job listings and descriptions, as well as application instructions.
**Unpaid, must be for college credit**
Athletic Communications Intern
Goal of Internship: Gain valuable hands-on experience in collegiate athletics – specifically in the realm of Athletic Communications and game-day management – to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to peruse a career in the collegiate and professional athletics industry.
- This commitment entails becoming a vital member of the Athletic Communications Department and will be relied upon in many day-to-day and seasonal responsibilities for the department
- Interns will, at the discretion of the Director of Athletic Communications, be assigned specific programs for which he/she will serve as the primary contact (sports can include at least one and possibly all of the following, depending on willingness and writing ability: cross country, track & field, women’s golf, women's rowing, women's swimming)
- Interns will be responsible for most written contact for assigned sports depending on writing ability
- Interns will also assist in game-day operations for other sports as necessary, assisting in responsibilities ranging from serving as official scorer, program production, PA announcing, and more
- Intern will configure a schedule to work office hours in accordance with his/her internship requirements
To apply, please sumit resume, cover letter, writing samples and three references to email@example.com.
Marketing & Ticketing Intern
- Assist manager of ticketing with all aspects of ticket operations at Lawler Rink, Martone-Mejail Field & Bert Hammel Court
- Help create and execute promotional schedules for various sports
- Create flyers, newspaper ads, newsletters, and other advertising campaigns
- Assist with email, direct mail, and social media marketing efforts
- Plan and execute special events for students, faculty/staff, fans, and members of the junior warrior program
- Assist in the execution of game-day promotions, crowd interaction, and enhancing fan experience
- Assist with the execution of game-day giveaways
- Game night responsibilities based on schedule of ticket sales departmental activities
- Highly-motivated with a desire to pursue a career in sports
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, organized and the ability to multi-task
- Working knowledge of MS Office software
- Demonstrates a positive and personable demeanor
- Ability to work individually, or as part of a group
Please submit resume, cover letter and a list of three references to:
Patrick J. Spiegel
Director, Ticketing & Marketing
Student Positions (hourly)
The Athletic Communications department is in search of Merrimack College student workers interested in becoming a member of its New Media staff.
The Athletic Communications department offers students an ideal
opportunity to gain valuable experience in collegiate athletics
while learning the ins and outs of the industry and all that is
required to stage an athletics event at the collegiate
The new media department is responsible for the pregame, in-game and postgame production of all Merrimack Athletics webcasts. The department broadcasts all home athletic events (except baseball/softball) and is searching for students possibly pursuing a degree in broadcast journalism, communications or multimedia event productions. Students will have the opportunity to learn webcast software, direct webcasts themselves, be responsible for breakdown and setup of equipment and cutting game highlights after events.
& Play-by-Play Broadcasters
The Athletic Communications department is in search of Merrimack College student workers interested in PA announcing and play-by-play broadcasting.
The Athletic Communications department offers students an ideal opportunity to gain valuable experience in collegiate athletics while learning the ins and outs of the industry and all that is required to stage an athletics event at the collegiate level.
These positions are suited toward students interested in a job in athletic communications, broadcast journalism and/or sports broadcasting. While previous experience (especially in PA announcing) is encouraged, it is not necessarily required. A tryout will be conducted for PA announcers prior to hiring.
TO APPLY (all
Interested applicants should email Chris Aliano, Director of Athletic Communications (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a meeting and discuss all job descriptions, qualifications and expectations. Once approved, students will use a Google Docs sign-up system to schedule the games they would like to work and are required to arrive 45 minutes prior to the start of athletic events they have signed up for. Students are responsible for working the game(s) they have signed up for and must give at least seven days' notice if they cannot work. Canceling inside that window requires student to find a replacement worker or risk being taken off the rest of the schedule that they're signed up for. Payment is arranged via Payroll Services and students will be paid on an hourly basis.
Operator/Film Exchange Coordinator
ATTENTION STUDENTS - the Merrimack Athletic Department is in search of interested students to serve as coaches camera operator and film exchange coordinator. Responsibilities will include operating coaches' camera for specific home varsity athletic events in accordance with conference filming policies. Additionally, students will be responsible in assisting with the uploading of game footage following the completion of home contests to fim exchange website. If interested, please email email@example.com.