One of the highlights of the 2012-13 Merrimack Athletic Center Expansion, the renovated Strength and Conditioning Center was opened in August of 2013.
Highlighted by a 5,000-square foot work area that includes 30 yards of synthetic turf, rolled rubber flooring and an entirely new set of state-of-the-art workout equipment, all student-athletes encompassing Merrimack’s now-24 varsity sports currently enjoy the much-needed benefits of a renovated weight room.
Key features of the 5,000-square foot facility include:
- 10 recessed platforms with half racks;
- 10 full sets of custom engraved rubber plates;
- Custom engraved dumbbells ranging up to 120lbs;
- Three Keiser air-compressor units;
- 20 barbells;
- 10 sets of power block dumbbells ranging up to 90lbs;
- Portable glut ham raises;
- Four new sets medicine balls of different varieties;
- Wall pads with custom Merrimack Strength & Conditioning logo emblazoned