Partner with Merrimack College Athletics
Please call the Merrimack Athletics Marketing Department (978-837-5324) or e-mail email@example.com to learn more about becoming a corporate partner of Merrimack College Athletics.
For more information regarding corporate partnership opportunities with Merrimack College Athletics, please contact:
PROMO GIVEAWAYS, SIGNAGE, BROADCAST ADS INFLUENTIAL TO FAN PURCHASING DECISIONS
PORTLAND, OR - As the recession trudges on, and marketing budgets are tight, data suggests college hockey sponsorship packages prove to be an effective advertising opportunity.
Rojo Research interviewed 2,440 college hockey fans from nine NCAA & CIS programs about sponsorship marketing inventory and the influence of fan purchasing decisions regarding sponsor's goods or services.
The aggregated results offer a few interesting conclusions:
• 53.8% of fans would switch brands/change habits to support a sponsor
• 29.4% of fan's purchasing decisions are influenced by sponsored promotional giveaways
• 24.8% by sponsor signage/billboards at venue
• 24.3% by sponsor ads on TV broadcast of game
• 24.2% by game day/event sponsorship
• 23.4% by sponsor coupon/logo on back of ticket stub
• 23.3% by sponsor ads on venue video board
• 23.2% by sponsor ad/logo on website
• 19.0% by sponsor ads on radio broadcast of game
• 18.6% by sponsor of in-game promotion/contest
Data collected for study includes the college hockey fans of Army, Bowling Green, Maine, Minnesota State-Mankato, New Hampshire, Niagara, and North Dakota, as well as Canadian universities Calgary and Wilfrid Laurier.
Regarding influence of fan purchasing decisions, data on 26 sponsorship marketing inventory items were captured. If interested in the total results please contact Rojo Research. An aggregate report for college football will be available by August.
Every study collected over 350 consumer behavior, demographics, and media consumption data points on not only the school's hockey program, but for each sport.